Residential Parking Permits Will Expire on February 15, 2024
You will not be able to renew your permit until December 15, 2023. We suggest you preview this website tutorial before you attempt to renew your permit.
If you have a 2023 Residential Permit that is set to expire on February 15, 2024, beginning December 15, 2023 you may apply for your new permit for the 2024 year, which runs from February 15, 2024 to February 15, 2025. Your renewal must be completed by February 15, 2024 or you will have to purchase a new permit.
While logged into the system, you may also choose to activate the Auto-Renew functionality on your permit. This feature allows for a simplified, automated process for future renewals.
How to renew your current Parking Permits for 2024:
- Step 1: Please visit https://albany.cmrpay.com/permits/.
- Step 2: Select Sign Up Or Log In near the bottom of the page.
- Step 3: Select Sign Up (below the “Log In” Button) and create a new account.
- Step 4: Log In with your newly created credentials.
- Step 5: Select your Permit type from the drop down menu.
- Step 6: Select the button labeled Start New Permit Application .
- Step 7: Complete all of the required steps and enter your payment method.
- Step 8: (Optional) Sign-up for Auto-Renew and enter your payment information for this to be done automatically each year.
Please note that once your permit is approved you will be issued a new unique permit ID number for the year. Remember, as you renew from year-to-year, you will be issued a unique permit ID number for each corresponding year.
By applying for a permit, you attest and affirm that you are eligible to receive a parking permit in accordance with Article VII of Chapter 359 of the Code of the City of Albany. If you fraudulently obtain/renew a permit you will be subject to a fine as indicated in Article VII of Chapter 359 of the Code of the City of Albany.
Access the Parking Permit portal Please note that if you are accessing the site for the first time on a specific device, or after your browsing history has been cleared, you will have to re-verify your information. The verification process includes two steps:
- Enter your email or phone and get the conformation number.
- Once this code is entered, one of two screens will appear: new users will be prompted to create a PIN and existing users will be prompted to enter your PIN. If the user has already created an account, then once the two steps are met then the account will appear. This is required for our PCI compliance.
Applications for City of Albany residential parking are available. For general information and to download an application, please see links below. The City Clerk’s Office is currently accepting NEW applications daily, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.–4 p.m. The form of payment is cash or check ONLY; no credit/bank/debit cards will be accepted. Please note that a valid driver's license and vehicle registration are necessary at the time of application.
We are fast approaching the renewal season and all permits will expire February 15, 2024. Please make sure we have your correction information and you renew your permits timely to avoid any unnecessary parking tickets.
If you have a valid visitor permit and would like to add a visitor license plate to temporarily covered, sign into your account, then submit the required information. Procedures on how to properly use the visitor permit can be found below. Should you have questions please feel free to contact the City Clerk’s Office by phone at (518) 434-5090 or by email.
Please note that all permits are subject to audit. Failure to respond to a request for information connected to an audit may result in the suspension of your permit.
- Can I move my non-residential vehicle to another parking spot within the same residential permitted zone every two hours but remain in the same zone?
- How do I know which zone I am parked in?
- Can I move my non-residential vehicle from Zone A to a parking spot within Zone B and then move my non-residential vehicle back to Zone A within a 24-hour period?