The historic district is located on Jermain Street at Washington Avenue on the far west side of Albany. The district is comprised of five houses developed by the Lustron Corporation and constructed in 1949; all five are the Westchester Deluxe two-bedroom model (National Register nomination report, section 7, page 1). The property at 1 Jermain Street is non-contributing as the metal panel siding has been replaced with vinyl siding; the remaining four houses are contributing to the district.
This district is significant as it includes rare and intact examples of Lustron houses. The Lustron Corporation operated from 1946 to 1950 creating prefabricated homes with their signature metal panel exterior. The panels were available in multiple colors of which four are represented in the district.