- Albany Police
- Traffic Engineering
- Emergency No Parking
Emergency No Parking
Emergency No Parking Signs are issued to residents and businesses for the purpose of reserving on-street parking spaces, when off-street parking or loading spaces are not large enough. All requests are reviewed and considered. APD reserves the right to deny or request modification of all requests.
To apply for an Emergency No Parking Sign please call 518-434-5791. An online application and payment portal is currently under construction and will be available soon.
Albany Police Department Fee Structure (Non-Metered Spaces)
- $25 for 1 to 3 Parking Spaces
- $50 for 4 to 9 Parking Spaces
- $100 for 10+ Parking Spaces
- Requests 3 to 30 days are assessed a $15 per day fee in addition to the minimum fees above
- Each longer term request beyond 30 days must be renewed prior to the end of the 30 day period. After 30 days the fees are renewed for the period extended based upon the fee schedule above.
At this time we are mailing invoices for any fees associated with requests. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice.
- Should you have any questions, concerns or changes to your request, please contact the Traffic Engineering Division (518) 434-5791 from the day the request is entered up to the day prior to first day request is active.
- If you are requesting metered spaces, be sure to note it with your request. Once approved, the fees are billed separately by the Albany Parking Authority.
- Once your request is approved, signs will be scheduled for installation.
- Be sure to know whether your truck has a ramp or lift, both will require more space.
- Requests must be submitted at least four business days in advance of the first day parking is needed.
- On the day that your request is active, if there are vehicles parked in violation and signs are present and in good condition, contact Albany Police Department at their non-emergency phone number of (518) 438-4000.
- If you are using a POD, lift, dumpster etc., a Sidewalk Barricade Permit obtained through Buildings and Regulatory Compliance, must be applied for and approved prior to approval of any Emergency No Parking Sign request.
- If tickets are issued, please find more information about the Albany Parking Violations Bureau or contact them at (518) 434-5006.