The Albany Police Department will strive to eliminate crime and the fear of crime by inspiring and empowering our community to work together to improve our quality of life and make Albany the safest community in America.
We are dedicated to protecting the community we serve by proactively improving quality of life. We will inspire confidence through a collaborative effort to problem solving and enforcement of laws. We are committed to this mission and the direction it guides us.
Click here to apply for the 2023 Citizens Police Academy.
Safer Neighborhoods Through Precision Policing Initiative
The Albany Police Department (APD) is 1 of 15 departments selected to participate in the Safer Neighborhoods through Precision Policing Initiative (SNPPI).
SNPPI provides policy review, assessments, training, and technical assistance to a cohort of law enforcement agencies across the nation.
The four goals of the initiative are to:
- Assist police department to safeguard neighborhoods
- Establish productive interagency partnerships with law enforcement and community stakeholders
- Identify promising strategies that reduce crime
- Implement innovative and effective technologies
- Protect officer’s safety and wellness
How to Obtain a Report you Filed with APD
For motor vehicle accident reports, please visit CrashDocs to access your accident reports.
To obtain an Albany Police incident report you filed, email APD. Please include your name, DOB, APD Incident Number, Date of Incident and Copy of Photo ID.
Nixle Alerts & Advisories
Sign up for text alerts about your neighborhood.
Officers and Detectives to Receive 2% Across-The-Board Salary Increases Through 2026. Contract Provides 14% Compensation Increase Over 4 Years Including Additional Enhancements to Step Increases and Longevity Payments. Read on...
- 2021 Albany Citizen Police Academy Application Fillable
- 2020 Prospectus Report (PDF)
- Disability Metered Parking Waiver (PDF)
- Disability Parking Information and Form (PDF)
- Neighborhood Engagement Unit Map (PDF)
- Safer Neighborhoods Through Policing Initiative (PDF)
- 2011 Spirit of Justice - Unsung Hero Award (PDF)