Providing equal access for people with disabilities is essential to the City of Albany. The ADA Coordinator is responsible for overseeing ADA implementation and compliance efforts. The City of Albany continues to actively work on providing equal access for people with disabilities and comply with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The Notice of ADA rules, Grievance Procedure and ADA Complaint Form can be accessed via the links below as well as at the Department of Human Resources in City Hall in Room 301.
The ADA Coordinator has also convened an ADA Advisory Committee to involve the public and members of the disabled community in the City’s work to make our City more accessible. Meetings are opened to the public and held in the Mayor’s Conference Room. Meetings are not regularly held. For information as to the date, time and place of meetings contact the Department of Human Resources in City Hall in Room 301 by calling (518) 434-5049. Notice of the meeting is also posted on the Bulletin Board in City Hall behind the Security Guard and on this page.
- ADA Complaint Form (PDF)
- Grievance Procedure under ADA (PDF)
- Notice Under ADA (PDF)
- ADA Meeting Accommodation Notice (PDF)
ADA Advisory Committee Members
- Shameka Andrews, Wellness Coordinator and Disability Advocate
- Simeon Goldman, Senior Staff Attorney, Disability Rights New York
- Chris Burke, CEO Northeastern Association of the Blind at Albany
- Linda Hunt, Member of Albany's Human Rights Commission and active in other community organizations
- Cathy Fahey, Chair of the Common Council’s Human Resources and Human Rights Committee
- , City of Albany ADA Coordinator,
- Randy Milano, City Engineer,
- Molly Maguire, Department of General Services Community Relations Coordinator,
- Robert Magee, Representative of Buildings & Regulatory Compliance
The Rehabilitation Act of 1973, (codified as 29 U.S.C. § 701 et seq.)