PEG Access Oversight Board
The Public, Education and Government Access Oversight Board (PEGAOB) meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall, Mayor’s Conference Room.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the moratorium on public gatherings, meetings will be held via Zoom until further notice.
2023 Meeting dates
|January 13||April 5||September 14|
|February 17||May 12||October 26|
|March 10||June 7|
Meeting dates and additional information is also available in the City of Albany events calendar.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- February 2021 (PDF)
- March 2021 (PDF)
- April 2021 (PDF)
- October 2021 (PDF)
- January 2022 (PDF)
- February 2022 (PDF)
- March 2022 (PDF)
- May 2022 (PDF)
- June 2022 (PDF)
- September 2022 (PDF)
- April 2023 (PDF)
- June 2023 (PDF)
The Mayor and Common Council find and declare that it is in the public interest of the citizens of the City of Albany to establish a board to oversee implementation of PEG Access, the cable television public access facility/studio in the City of Albany and to promote public awareness of the public access in the City. The PEGAOB consists of seven members who serve three-year terms. The Mayor appoints two members, the Common Council appoints four members and there are five members who represent community stakeholders.
The purpose of the PEGAOB is to:
- Assist in the development of public education and government access television in the City including by promoting the use of the public studio to citizens and groups throughout the City;
- Oversee the cable television public access facility/studio and assist the Public Access Coordinator, whom shall be responsible for the day to day operation of the public access facility/studio;
- Review memorandums of understanding between the city and relevant entities to assure implementation of PEG access;
- Make recommendations on the success of the programs in Phase I of PEG funding and based upon said findings make recommendations for expenditures of Phase II funding.
Public Access Studio Hours
- Sunday CLOSED
- Monday 5:30 p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Tuesday 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday CLOSED
- Saturday 3:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.