Buildings & Regulatory Compliance
Emails from our office may come from email@example.com or svc.CSSSMTP@tylerhost.net - please look for this email addresses. Please do not respond to the svc.CSSSMTP@tylerhost.net as it is an unattended email address. Any follow up questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doing Business with Us
We remain committed to providing the upmost customer service during this unprecedented time and thank you for your co-operation. #AlbanyLeads
- To protect the health and safety of our residents and employees, permit applications, payments, and other transactions will continue to take place via email, in-person or online.
- Email the Department for more information (including instructions on what paperwork is needed for your project) or to submit competed paperwork.
- In-person services are available.
- When you come to the entrance door please ring the bell for the BRC. The doorbells are to the right of the door.
The Department of Buildings and Regulatory Compliance is a multifaceted office that ensures safe and lawful uses of properties and buildings in the City of Albany. The Department enforces compliance by administering and maintaining local, state and federal laws that safeguard public health and quality of life-setting high standards for construction, sustainable design and efficient (re)development within our community.
Buildings and Regulatory Compliance creates public-private partnerships to encourage beautification; address and eradicate blight and erosion; prevent code violations; and promote "green" best practices. The Department incentivizes land use that is compliant with the City's Unified Sustainable Development Ordinance (USDO), and that aligns with goals established in Albany 2030.
- Why are you requiring email addresses for tranactions?
- Do you send out reminders for expiring permits, certifications and/or Residential Occupancy Permits
- Can I submit my completed paperwork at your office?
- How long does it take for my permit application to be approved?
- How do I register for a Residential Occupancy Permit (ROP)?
- I received a Stop Work Order (SWO), what do I do now?
- I applied for a building permit, what happens next and can I start the work now?
- I received an Unsafe/Unfit (USUF) Order, what do I do now?
- What is the difference between a Change of Use & a Change of Tenant Permit and when is one needed?