A Message Regarding COVID-19
- Your tap water is safe to drink. The COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking water. Learn more about the virus and water/sewer infrastructure by visiting the Environmental Protection Agency website.
- Effective May 26, the Water Department office will be open to the public by appointment only. Appointments will only be made for Basic Creek Reservoir fishing permits and water meters. Bill payment will continue by mail, phone or online.
- All visitors are required to wear face masks and will be asked to answer a brief health screen questionnaire. Visitors will also have their temperature taken by an infrared thermometer scan of their forehead.
- In addition to the health screening of visitors, we have instituted several safety measures including Plexiglas shields at our customer service stations.
- Call 518-434-5300 or send us an email to schedule an appointment.
- Hours remain 8 am to 4:30 pm.
News & Updates
Sign up to receive news and updates from Albany Water.
- Who owns the water service leading to my house?
- Will the City repair the portion of the water service I am responsible for?
- Who repairs the sidewalks and driveways damaged during a water main break?
- My lawn was damaged during a water main break. Will you replace it?
- My water bill is too high. What should I do?