Date: December 18, 2020
Frank Zeoli firstname.lastname@example.org
David Galin email@example.com
Albany, NY – As the City of Albany Department of General Services, together with the New York State Department of Transportation, continues to remove snow after the 8th largest snow storm in the City’s history, Mayor Sheehan is reminding residents about the Emergency Parking Areas available during the City of Albany’s Snow Emergency (complete list below).
Through continued partnership with Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Office of General Services, the City of Albany is also announcing the following New York State OGS Parking Areas have been made available for free parking beginning Friday, December 18 at 5:00 PM:
- Madison Avenue Visitor Lot (West of New York State Museum)
- East Garage (corner of Philip St. and Madison Ave.)
Residents must ensure their cars are removed from the two New York State OGS Parking Areas by Monday, December 21 at 6:00 AM.
Beginning Friday, December 18 at 5:00 PM, free parking will also be available at each of the Albany Parking Authority’s Downtown Parking Garages to help accommodate the parking needs of residents during the Snow Emergency.
- Green-Hudson Garage (45 Hudson Ave. – corner of Hudson Ave. and Green St.)
- Riverfront Garage (2 Columbia St. – Broadway and Water St.)
- Quackenbush Garage (25 Orange Street – behind 677 Broadway)
Residents must ensure their cars are removed from the three Albany Parking Authority Parking Garages by Monday, December 21 at 6:00 AM.
If you have questions about parking at any of the three Albany Parking Authority garage locations listed above, please contact the Albany Parking Authority at 518-434-8886 x107 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
During the SNOW EMERGENCY, the City of Albany has made available additional parking at various lots throughout the City:
ARBOR HILL/SHERIDAN HOLLOW
- Parking Area Adjoining Arbor Hill Softball Field (North Lark St.)
- 230 Colonie St. (Playground Lot)
- 178 Colonie St. (Playground Lot)
- Ten Broeck Mansion (Parking Lot & Sidewalk West End)
- Quackenbush Garage (Please see note below regarding limited availability)
- Ridgefield Park (Enter on Partridge St.)
- Woodlawn Park Little League
- Waterson Park (Westland Hills) Enter on Colvin Ave.
- Washington Park (All Interior Roadways and Parking Areas)
- Krank Park Area
- Franklin St. (Between Schuyler St. & Bassett St. – East Side)
- Lincoln Park (All Interior Roadways & Parking Area)
- 77 Philip St. (Playground)
- 88 Philip St. (Playground)
- North Second St. & North Third St. (Above Pearl St.)
- Parking Area across from North Albany American Legion Post
- Bleecker Stadium (Parking Area & Roadways)
- North Side of Livingston Ave. (Opposite Judson St.) Parking Lot
Zone C Residential Permit Parking Holders:
During a SNOW EMERGENCY and for 24 hours after the end of a SNOW EMERGENCY, individuals with a residential parking permit in Zone C will be allowed to park for free in the Quackenbush Garage (Orange Street between Broadway and Water Street).
For individuals with Zone C permits (Ten Broeck Triangle, Clinton Avenue, N. Hawk Street, Hall Place), levels 4, 5, and 6 are available for parking at the Quackenbush Garage.
To utilize the free parking within the Quackenbush Garage, the resident must take a ticket upon entering the garage. When exiting, the resident must go to customer service where they must confirm their last name and plate number. Only one ticket will be validated per plate number and last name.
Important Contacts During the Snow Emergency:
- For SNOW EMERGENCY information, call 518-476-SNOW (7669) or check back here, visit Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- For general snow inquiries call the Department of General Services at 518-434-CITY (2489).
- To report power outages and determine area repair schedules, call National Grid at 800-642-4272.
- In an emergency, call 911.
- To receive text and/or email alerts about a snow emergency, please sign up for Nixle alerts.
- For real-time weather information, visit the National Weather Service.