Business, Vendor & Event Forms

The Board of Contract & Supply administers the formal bidding and processing of contracts for all purchases in excess of $20,000 and all public works projects in excess of $35,000. The City Clerk serves as the Secretary of the Board of Contract & Supply.

All bids are advertised for three days in the Albany Times Union newspaper. RFPs are developed by, or in consultation with, the City's Law Department. The City's Law Department, Budget Director and Department Head(s) generally determine who is awarded the contract as a result of an RFP. As with Bids, the City encourages competition and mails out notices to all prospective bidders.

Bid documents may be picked up at the Office of the City Clerk, or mailed, for a modest fee. The Board of Contract & Supply mails out notices of bids to interested parties and encourages prospective bidders to notify our office if they wish to bid on a project, or submit a bid for a piece of equipment.

City of Albany is partnering with the Empire State Purchasing Group and will post their bid opportunities to this site.  As a vendor, you can register with the Empire State Purchasing Group and be sure that you see all available bids and opportunities. By selecting the value added option, your company will receive emails once City of Albany has a bid opportunity that matches your company's business. In addition, the site handles bid opportunities, RFPs, and RFQs for other local agencies as well.

Request for Proposals (RFPs) are developed by, or in consultation with, the Law Department. RFPs are generally for professional services such as legal and engineering. They may also be issued for other types of services such as running a concession stand at a City park.

RFPs differ from Bids in that the lowest qualified “bidder” is not always accepted. Other factors in addition to cost (such as length of experience) may be factored in. The Board of Contract & Supply does not award contracts for RFPs. The Law Department, Budget Director and Department Head(s) generally determine who is awarded the contract as a result of an RFP. As with Bids, the City encourages competition and mails out notices to all prospective bidders.

For more information, contact the City Clerk's Office.

Albany Times Union
City's Law Department
Bid Net for RFPs/RFQs

Vendor Licenses for food and flowers are processed by the City Clerk's Office. The Albany County Health Department monitors for health compliance and will cite vendors who are in violation of State or County law.

Capitol Park
Permitted vendors are allowed to sell their food, flowers or balloons in an assigned location on Washington Avenue or State Street. All vendors are required to follow rules and regulations established by the Capitol Park Merchants and to meet regularly to discuss issues of aesthetics, safety and cleanliness. 

Required: an application, fee, verification of cart/truck inspection by the Albany County Health Department, all insurance (vehicle, workers compensation), drivers abstract (NYSDMV for trucks), a list of employees, a full vending menu, and an agreement stating they will abide by all rules and regulation. 

Capitol Park Vendor License Permit


The City Clerk's Office processes permits for special events in various parks, recreation space and other public areas. The City Clerk meets with City Departments and organizers to determine if the event is in the best interest of Albany residents, meets safety requirements and has appropriate financial backing. Pending approval, the City Clerk issues the permit and conveys any special guidelines or requirements to the organizer(s).

Required: an application and fee. All Special Events must carry an insurance rider listing the City of Albany as an additional insured.

Special Event Fee Schedule
Special Event Process and Application

Open Container Permit Application


The City of Albany is a growing, vibrant City and a great place for your establishment to grow.  If you wish to offer musical entertainment, singing, dancing, or other forms of entertainment that involves amplified sound you must apply and be awarded a Cabaret License.  Pursuant to Article VIII §111-69 the City of Albany is able to grant Cabaret Licenses and all applications should be submitted in person to the City Clerk’s office or electronically.

To process an application we require a copy of your liquor license-if alcohol is served on premise, maximum certificate of occupancy (the certificate listing the maximum number of people allowed within the applying facility), a certificate of occupancy, and the appropriate fee.  Fees are determined by the maximum number of persons and range in $150.00 to $500.00.

Please remember licenses fees are not prorated and are issued for the calendar year in which you apply.  Cabarets expire on December 31st of the year in which they are issued.

If you have questions regarding the process please contact our office at 518-434-5090 or if you require more information on the Code of the City of Albany please click here.

Taxi Licenses are processed by the City Clerk's Office. All applications are reviewed and approved by the Albany Police Department (ID/Traffic Safety). Required: an application, abstract from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, insurance, fingerprints, and photographs.

Taxi License Instruction and Application

As required by State and local law, the City Clerk's Office processes licenses and permits for a variety of other activities. While the NYS Liquor Authority (SLA) licenses all establishments that serve alcohol, all businesses applying for a liquor license or renewal must notify the City of its intent by filing a letter with the City Clerk. Letters of intent are communicated to the Common Council who can bring community concerns to the attention of the SLA prior to the license or renewal being granted. In addition, we issue all Open Container Permits for the consumption of alcohol on public property, and approve the catering and serving/sale of liquor at outdoor locations related to not-for-profit fundraisers, sporting events and festivals that are not administered or sponsored by the City.

New York State Liquor Authority
Albany County 

The Division of Buildings & Regulatory Compliance works with businesses, individual citizens, neighborhood organizations, not for profit entities and government agencies to achieve compliance through an efficient, fair and transparent process.

Contact Information

Danielle Gillespie, City Clerk
City Hall
24 Eagle Street
, Room 202
Albany, NY 12207
Phone: (518) 434-5090
Fax: (518) 434-5081

Office Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday