Assessment - FAQs

Where may I obtain exemption application forms and when must they be filed?

All exemption applications may be obtained at the Assessor's Office, Room 302 City Hall, weekdays between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.

All exemption applications must be filed between January 1st and March 1st. Basic Star exemptions are for any resident owning property and residing on the property. All owners must complete the application and sign it. We will need a photocopy of all owners' drivers' licenses as proof of residency. To print out a Basic Star exemption application, click here.

Enhanced STAR Please call the Assessor's Office at 434-5155.


How Do I Challenge My Assessment?

A grievance complaint form may be filed after May 1, but not later than Grievance Day which is the 4th Tuesday in May. Forms may be obtained at the Assessor's Office beginning May 1st.


When Does My Assessment Change?
Assessments change as a result of new construction, fires, demolitions and periodic citywide assessment updates, which are necessary in maintaining an equitable assessment roll.


Can I View Assessor's Tax Maps?
Yes, you can view any parcel on the maps in the Assessor’s Office.