How do I consolidate multiple parcels into one?
  1. First, ensure that the lots in question meet the following basic criteria:
    1. Lots are contiguous
    2. Lots are owned by singular entity
    3. Lots have no outstanding City or County taxes
  2. Hire a NYS licensed engineer or land surveyor to draft and stamp plat maps. - 2 paper & 1 Mylar copy.
  3. Complete the Master Application, Lot Modification Application, and an Owner’s Consent Form. You can find the applications here
  4. The required application fee of $25 per current lot, may be submitted via check or money order, made out to the City of Albany Treasurer. 
  5. The complete application set, including the required fees must be submitted to the Department of Planning and Development.

Show All Answers

1. What is my zoning district?
2. How do I know if a property is zoned for what I would like to do?
3. Where are cannabis dispensaries allowed and what's required to operate one?
4. What approvals do I need to open a new business?
5. My bank (or licensing agency) says I need a letter verifying my property’s zoning. How do I get one?
6. How do I see if I’m located in a Historic District?
7. Do I need approvals to do exterior work on my property if it’s located in a Historic District?
8. How do I apply for a Certificate of Appropriateness from the Historic Resources Commission?
9. Are there restrictions on the size of structures and where they can be placed?
10. How do I consolidate multiple parcels into one?
11. Are there regulations for signs?
12. Are there regulations for fences?
13. Can I build a carport, garage or other accessory structure on my property?
14. Can I install a driveway or parking area?
15. Can I add more residential units to my building?
16. Can I run a business out of my home?
17. Can I install a pool?
18. How do I obtain a Café Permit?
19. How do I apply for a variance from the Board of Zoning Appeals?
20. How do I submit for Planning Board Review?
21. How do I know if I need a building permit?