I received an Unsafe/Unfit (USUF) Order, what do I do now?

You will need to apply for and obtain permits to correct the violations which caused the building or portion thereof to be Unsafe/Unfit.  Once the corrections have been made, you need to call our office to schedule a re-inspection.  Once the re-inspection has been performed and all violations have been corrected, then the USUF designation will be removed and the building or portion thereof may be re-occupied.

Electrical, Plumbing & Elevator Permits may only be applied for by a Licensed individual or company.  Failure to obtain permits may subject you to a Stop Work Order.

Show All Answers

1. Why are you requiring email addresses for tranactions?
2. Do you send out reminders for expiring permits, certifications and/or Residential Occupancy Permits
3. Can I submit my completed paperwork at your office?
4. How long does it take for my permit application to be approved?
5. How do I register for a Residential Occupancy Permit (ROP)?
6. I received a Stop Work Order (SWO), what do I do now?
7. I applied for a building permit, what happens next and can I start the work now?
8. I received an Unsafe/Unfit (USUF) Order, what do I do now?
9. What is the difference between a Change of Use & a Change of Tenant Permit and when is one needed?