I received a Stop Work Order (SWO), what do I do now?

SWOs are issued when work is being or has been done without a permit being issued.  This carries a $300 fine.  Your fist step is to stop all work if it was issued for work currently being done.  You will also need to pay the SWO fine or complete an application to have the fine waived or reduced.  Once the fine is satisfied, you will need to apply for and obtain a permit before continuing the work.  You will find permit applications on our forms page, only licensed contractors may apply for electrical, plumbing & elevator work.

If you have received a SWO and have questions please email our office.

Show All Answers

1. Why are you requiring email addresses for tranactions?
2. Do you send out reminders for expiring permits, certifications and/or Residential Occupancy Permits
3. Can I submit my completed paperwork at your office?
4. How long does it take for my permit application to be approved?
5. How do I register for a Residential Occupancy Permit (ROP)?
6. I received a Stop Work Order (SWO), what do I do now?
7. I applied for a building permit, what happens next and can I start the work now?
8. I received an Unsafe/Unfit (USUF) Order, what do I do now?
9. What is the difference between a Change of Use & a Change of Tenant Permit and when is one needed?