- Albany Common Council
- Albany Common Council Members & Wards
Albany Common Council Members & Wards
Albany is divided into 15 legislative districts, or Wards. Each Ward is represented by a City resident who is elected by their constituency to serve a four year term. Collectively the elected Ward representatives comprise the Common Council, which serves as the legislative branch of Albany's government.
Redistricting refers to the process by which U.S. Census data is used to redraw the boundaries of electoral districts, or in the case of the City of Albany, Ward boundaries. Redistricting impacts the weight of your vote and involves making difficult decisions constricted by complicated local, state and federal laws. In Albany, this process is conducted every ten years and is based on demographic information from the latest U.S. Decennial Census survey. Redistricting represents one of the most important undertakings of our democracy.
Current Ward Boundaries
The Common Council adopted the current Ward boundaries on February 21, 2013, as proposed by the latest appointed Reapportionment Commission. These boundaries have been adjusted to best represent protected groups and community of interests per the 2010 U.S. Decennial Census.
Find Your Ward / Common Council Member
Find out more by viewing Albany's City Ward Description. Type address into the search bar below then double click on the map to find ward information.
Common Council Members and Ward Maps
- Honorable (Hon.) Corey Ellis, President
- Hon. Sonia Frederick, Ward 1 Map
- Hon. Derek Johnson, Ward 2 Map
- Hon. Joyce Love, Ward 3 Map
- Hon. Kelly Kimbrough, Ward 4 and President Pro Tempore Map
- Hon. Jahmel K. Robinson, Ward 5 Map
- Hon. Gabriella Romero, Ward 6 Map
- Hon. Sergio Adams, Ward 7 Map
- Hon. Jack Flynn, Ward 8 Map
- Hon. Meghan Keegan, Ward 9 Map
- Hon. Owusu Anane, Ward 10 Map
- Hon. Alfredo Balarin, Ward 11 Map
- Hon. E. Hyde Clarke, Ward 12 Map
- Hon. Ginnie Farrell, Ward 13 and Majority Leader Map
- Hon. Deborah Zamer, Ward 14 Map
- Hon. Tom Hoey, Ward 15 Map
- John-Raphael Pichardo, Esq., Research Counsel