Municipal Water Finance Authority
Municipal Water Finance Authority works with the Albany Water Board by managing
finances for City of Albany Water plans and projects related to System
improvement. Responsibilities of the Authority include issuing revenue
bonds, applying for licenses, permits and approvals for plans and projects,
regulating Water System rates and applying for and acquiring gifts, grants,
loans and property from both public and private sources.
Finance Authority consists of seven members, five of whom are members of the
City of Albany and are appointed by the Mayor. The remaining two members
are nominated by the Mayor and appointed by the Governor.
Members of the
Authority are appointed to three-year terms.
Members and Dates of Expiration
- Michael J. Hall, Chairman (Governor Appointee - 12/31/2017)
- John J. McEneny (12/31/2019)
- Gary Overdorf, Secretary (12/31/2016)
- Julia Canizzaro, Treasurer (12/31/2018)
- Gardner Lerner (12/31/2018)
2017 Tentative Meeting Schedule
- Thursday March 30, 2017
- Thursday June 29, 2017
- Thursday September 28, 2017
- Thursday December 28, 2017
Meetings start at 8:00 AM at the offices of the Albany Water Department, 10 North Enterprise Drive, Albany, NY 12204